The Clayton Police Department seeks a motivated, hardworking, and determined candidate for the position of Special Law Enforcement Officer Class - II. The selection process will result in the appointment of an individual who possesses the skills, knowledge, abilities, and drive necessary to insure the department remains an effective, professional, and respected law enforcement agency.
SLEO II Officers will Serve & Protect the community. SLEO II’s are authorized to exercise full powers and duties similar to those of a permanent, regularly appointed full-time police Officer.
- Hold a valid Basic Police Officer Certification from the NJ Police Training Commission
- Have a SLEO-2 Certification from the New Jersey Police Training Commission
- Hold an Associate's Degree or higher from an accredited college
- Honorable discharge from the military after full military service, and 30 college credits
- Be a citizen of the United States and a resident of New Jersey
- Have a valid New Jersey Drivers License
- Be able to complete a background investigation
- Ability to pass a physical fitness test
- Pass a drug screening test pursuant to the Attorney General's Law Enforcement Drug Test Policy
- Pass a medical examination and have a medical doctor complete a Medical Certification Form
- Must be able to pass a psychological examination