Class II Special Officers can work up to forty (40) hours per week to supplement patrol, provide security at special events, and conduct courtroom security.
• Applicants are required to be a US Citizen.
• Applicants are required to be 18 years of age or older and hold a high school degree or its equivalent.
• Applicants must be a resident of New Jersey at the time of the appointment
• Applicants must hold a PTC certification for Class II Special Officer in New Jersey
• Applicants must be able to successfully pass a physical fitness test, written test, psychological evaluation, and urinalysis.
• Applicants must be of good reputation and be of sound moral character.
• Applicants must possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License and must undergo a complete background investigation.