Full-Time Police Officer (Trained)
The Paulsboro Police Department is accepting applications for the position of full time Police Officer. All candidates will be required to submit to formal interviews by a hiring panel, psychological and medical testing as well as drug screening and formal background investigation. All interested should apply here: https://www.policeapp.com/Entry-Level-Paulsboro-NJ-Police-Officer-Jobs/3581/
- Enforce state and Borough ordinances; identify, prevent and terminate unlawful activities using experience and technical training; performs duties according to Paulsboro Police Department policies to preserve the peace, solve problems, and provide the highest quality police services; duties will vary according to job assignment.
- Patrol the Borough, looking for unusual and suspicious activities and persons; recognizes criminal activities and suspects, and uses reasonable cause to stop vehicles and initiate contact with persons of interest.
- Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls for service; investigates, documents and resolves citizen complaints, traffic incidents, crimes, and dangerous and illegal activities; communicate with victims and witnesses in cases; provides scene security for emergency services personnel.
- Responds to citizen’s request for assistance, enforce traffic regulations and safety issues, apprehends violators and assures public safety; applies laws and regulations fairly and consistently.
- Investigate crimes and accidents; secures and processes crime and accident scenes, and identifies and collects evidence; arrest law violators; transport and processes suspects, victims and prisoners.
- Provide community-oriented police services, and improves the quality of life in
partnership with the community; works with citizens to address the issues of safety,
crime, crime prevention and neighborhood problems; assure citizens are treated with
courtesy and respect for individual liberties.
- Preserves the peace of the community through mediation, investigation, intervention,
assistance, and arrest; utilizes all lawful means to improve the quality of life by
recognizing and resolving problems.
- Completes detailed reports and required paperwork; testify in court as directed.
- Maintain PPD vehicles and equipment according to Department standards.
- Assists and coordinates with other emergency services personnel, regional organizations
and businesses, and federal, state and local law enforcement organizations.
- Maintain the integrity, professionalism, values, and goals of the Paulsboro Police
Department by assuring that all rules and regulations are followed, and that
accountability and public trust are preserved.
- Support the departmental operations with regular and timely attendance.
- Support the relationship between the Borough of Paulsboro and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with visitors and Borough staff; maintain the confidentiality of work-related issues and Borough information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Certified in Basic Course for Police Officers (BCPO) by the NJ Police Training Commission (PTC), OR
- Currently enrolled in a Police Training Commission (PTC) certified New Jersey Police Academy, OR
- Certified as a NJ Special Law Enforcement Officer Class II (SLEO II) AND meet the requirements set forth by the NJ Police Training Commission (PTC) to be eligible for a waiver to Basic Course for Police Officers (BCPO).
- 21 years of age and less than 35 years of age at time of appointment;
- A citizen of the United States and a resident of New Jersey at time of appointment;
- 60 credits from an accredited college or university, OR
- An honorable discharge with 2 years of active duty service from the United States Armed Forces.
- Must not have been convicted of any crime of the first, second, third or fourth degree, or a crime or felony offense in any other jurisdiction that involved moral turpitude or, at the time of application, is undergoing or awaiting court action of any kind in regard to such a crime or felony offense.
- A licensed driver, with a valid New Jersey driver’s license at time of appointment.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Care
- 2022 Top Patrol Base Salary: $101,500.00 - $102,600.00
- Shift Differential & Longevity
- College Degree Incentives
- 280 hours vacation time, including personal days, after completion of 1 year of service
- Healthcare upon retirement
$44,200.00-$63,900.00 Per year
1211 N Delaware St., Paulsboro, NJ, 08066, USA
March 10, 2023