Applicants must possess a Police Training Commission (PTC) S.L.E.O. III Certification or be eligible to apply for a waiver.
- Must be a resident of New Jersey and a citizen of the United States.
- Must be a retired officer in good standing who has previously served as a duly qualified, full-time law enforcement officer in any municipality, county, agency of this state, bi-state agency, or federal agency, and must be living in New Jersey.
- Must be less than 65 years of age for appointment.
- Must pass a medical, psychological, and drug screening prior to appointment.
- Must complete and pass a background investigation.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language well and intelligently and have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Is of good moral character and sound body and good health.
- Must possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license.
- Officers retired for more than 3 years will be required to complete the Basic Course for Police Officers.
- Applicants shall complete an application, include their pension information, and provide a resume to include additional training applicable to the position of SLEO III. Applications can be obtained online at https://monroetownshipnj.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/2020-Employment-Application-Monroe-Township-Fillable-5.12.2020.pdf or picked up at the Monroe Township Municipal Building.
Contact Name: Deputy Chief Gene Sulzbach
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (856) 728-9800 ext. 519