The Washington Township Police Department is conducting a hiring
process for the position of Special Law Enforcement Officer Class II .
Candidates must meet all below eligibility requirements in order to participate:
- Be a citizen of the United States and a resident of New Jersey;
- A holder of a valid New Jersey driver’s license; and
- Meet one of the below eligibility requirements in order to participate:Candidates for SLEO positions must have sixty (60) credits from an accredited college or university, or;
- Have thirty (30) college credits from an accredited college or university, and current New Jersey Police Training Commission Certification at the appropriate SLEO level; or
- Have been honorably discharged from 2 or more years of active military service or is currently serving with at least two (2) years since enlistment date and is in good standing and currently enrolled in an accredited college or university; or
- Are over 35 years old and not aspiring to become a full time officer
All interested applicants should visit the department’s website, www.twp.washington.nj.us/departments/police and go to the “Careers at WTPD” section. Applicants must ensure that all eligibility requirements are met and then download and print the “Application Submission Checklist.” All candidates must submit a one page resume, proof of college requirements and/or military documentation, a copy of their valid New Jersey Driver’s License and a copy of their Police Training Commission Certificate (if certified).
Incomplete application packets will not be accepted. This testing process list will initiate at the expiration of the current list, June 1, 2023, and will be valid thru June 1, 2024. All proofs must be submitted either in–person between 9 AM and 5 PM (Monday through Friday) or delivered via postal mail to: Washington Township Police Department 1 McClure Drive Sewell New Jersey 08080 c/o Cyndie Mcallan
All documentation and the entrance fee must be received no later than , February 18, 2023 at 5 PM. If a candidate has any questions he / she should contact Sgt. Eric Caveng at email@example.com
Sgt. Eric Caveng